Do you have a question about JRI services?
- FREE training for all participants
- Training Start Date: October 17, 2022
- Training Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9am—4pm
- Includes 10 hours per week of hands-on training in a CSP Hospital site on Wednesday
- Prepare to pass the National Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Exam
- Individualized job placement services at hospital employers in the Boston area upon successful completion of training program
- Starting pay rate: $18-22 per/hour
- Fluent or strong English skills
- Must have a desire to work as a CSP Technician
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent required, must be 18+ years
- Applicants are required to successfully complete CORI, SORI, background, and drug screenings
- Applicants must commit to a full-time, 12-week training program, complete externship hours and (CRCST) Exam Prep
- Must reside in the Boston area
We are having information sessions every Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm. Please register for the information session using the link below.
JVS/STRIVE Central Sterile Processing Technician Training Program
What is CSP?
Central Sterile Processing is a critical process to any healthcare institution and a great career for those with a passion for this industry. Central Sterile Processing Technology is best described as the step-by-step practice of decontaminating medical devices, tools and instruments used in a healthcare setting.
Central Sterile Processing involves:
- Learning and following guidelines set forth by the Sterile Processing Department (SPD)
- Manual cleaning of equipment prior to surgery
- Use of ultrasonic cleansing tools
- Disinfecting, decontaminating and finally prepping and packing equipment for surgical use.
What are possible CSP careers?
Sterile Processing Technicians are the unsung heroes of every surgery. Any healthcare institution that uses medical devices requires the sterilization of equipment. Central Sterile Processing Technicians often work in environments such as:
- Surgery Centers
- Outpatient Care Centers
What You Will Learn in a Central Sterile Processing Program
The JVS/STRIVE CSP program provides training for this critical field and sets students on a path to launch their career. Our Central Sterile Processing training is 12 weeks with 400 externship hours required. You will be trained in:
- Learning the three main phases of sterile processing: decontamination, preparation and packing, and sterilization.
- Gaining knowledge of anatomy and physiology that can be leveraged for greater career growth.
- Our program prepares you to take the (CRCST) exam.
Start dates: October 17, 2022
- Intermediate English and math skills requirement
- Must be able to stand for eight hours and push pull up to 75 pounds.
- Be authorized to work in the United States and pass a CORI/SORI screening
- Pass a drug test, including testing for marijuana
- Be able to commit to this full-time training from 9-4:00 PM every day and successfully complete the required 400-hour externship
- Must be over 18 y/o and have a high school diploma/GED/HiSet
- Have attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proof of full COVID/FLU vaccination is required to be eligible for this program.
- Able to commit to working rotating shifts, including rotating weekends