Our Navigator personally answers questions and talks with you about resources that may be available in the community to meet your individualized needs. If you have any questions about our programs or services, or aren't sure what you need, contact our Service Navigator, Rachel Arruda, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Friday, January 10, 2020
9am - 4pm
160 Gould Street, Suite 111, Needham, MA
This training is intended to provide individuals with concrete tools to support strong, attainable self-care practices and resiliency when working with vulnerable populations, to develop an understanding of the impact of the stress response and vicarious trauma, and to practice interventions to foster adaptive functioning and coping for our clients and our coworkers through exposure to Psychological First Aid (PFA).
Participants are provided with an overview of:
• Psychological Trauma
• The Human Stress Response Continuum
• Common Physical and Emotional Reactions to Stress
• The 8 Core Actions of PFA
• Concrete Tips/Scripts for Implementation of PFA Intervention
• Vicarious Trauma (VT)
• The 4 Domains Affected by VT
• Concrete Self-Care Strategies to Navigate each of the 4 Domains
• In the Moment Self-Care Strategies in the Workplace
• Individualized Self-Care Planning