Do you have a question about how JRI services, related to COVID-19 or otherwise?
Established in 1984, the Youth Trauma Program's mission is to assist children and families in dealing with the effects of trauma. The program provides assessments and trauma-focused outpatient therapy services to child and adolescent victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and other trauma, including loss of a loved one due to homicide, dating violence or violence at home, among peers and in the community.
As a program of JRI that is located in the Fernandes Center for Children and Families of Saint Anne’s Hospital, the Youth Trauma Program demonstrates a high level of commitment to providing trauma-informed care to the community.
222 Milliken Boulevard
Fall River, MA 02721
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Trauma assessments
- Specialized counseling for children with developmental disabilities who have been maltreated
- Group counseling, including groups for parents/caregivers; children or adolescents
- Crisis response to schools
- Community outreach and education
- Anxiety or fear
- Frequent memories of the event
- Reenacting the event in the child's play
- Feelings of helplessness
- Lack of interest in activities they once enjoyed
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty with sleep or eating habits
- Anger or irritability
- Hypervigilance or "jumpiness"
- Problems in social, behavioral or school functioning
The Youth Trauma Program is staffed by a full-time Program Director and specially trained, master's-prepared clinicians. Our staff are dedicated to helping children and their families who have been traumatized heal and build resiliency. Program staff have expertise in several evidence-based models of therapy to help you and your child on the path to recovery.
All Youth Trauma Program services are free as we are funded by the Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance (MOVA) through a 1984 Victims of Crime Act grant from the Office of Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs and the U.S. Department of Justice. Saint Anne's Hospital provides required matching dollars as a collaborative and founding organization for the Youth Trauma Program.