Do you have a question about JRI services?
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the site; who collects such information; and how personal information is used
- Will you share my name with other organizations?
- Updating your information; and options to unsubscribe
- Internet protocol address
- Use of "cookies"
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control
- Links on our website
- And, contacting the Webmaster.
- What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and/or other similar information.
- When you contribute money online: Federal tax law requires us to collect and report some information (such as your name, address, and the amount of your contribution; your credit card number may be collected for donations but is not stored or shared). You may remove your name and personal information from our mailing lists at any time by contacting email@example.com. Donor mailing information may be shared with other organizations unless you indicate otherwise.
- If you sign-up for one of our mailing lists: If you sign-up to receive information we will collect your name and mailing address. Both mailings will be sent to you in a plain brown envelope with our P.O. Box as the return address. You may remove your name and mailing address from mailing lists at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will You Share My Name With Other Organizations?
We derive a portion of our funding from our donor family. One important way of finding new members is to exchange mailing lists with other like-minded organizations. We will never sell or exchange mailing lists with a corporation or an organization looking to sell you something. Exchanging lists with other organizations keeps our costs down, and lets us spend a larger portion of our budget on our programs rather than mailing costs.
If you do not want us to exchange your name with other non-profit organizations and you object to these uses, simply let us know and we will remove your personal information from any of our list shares. This pertains to all of our databases lists. You can unsubscribe from our email list by sending an email request with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to email@example.com.
- Updating Your Information and Options to Unsubscribe
If you need to correct the information you have provided to JRI or if you would like to unsubscribe from any mailing list(s) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may unsubscribe to individual programs or mailing lists, or you may unsubscribe to all programs and mailing lists at JRI at any time.
- Internet Protocol Address
We collect an Internet Protocol (IP) address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users' movements, gather broad demographic information in order to improve the site, and to deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Use of "Cookies"
All information provided to JRI is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt or scramble data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by lacing it in a secure location that is only accessible by appropriate JRI employees. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We strive to protect your information; however, we cannot completely ensure the security of such information.
The confidentiality of information sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Your email, like most non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed without your knowledge or permission while in transit to us. Therefore, while we take responsible precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your email, we cannot guarantee the security of any email correspondence sent to us. If you consider the information you are communicating to be confidential, please do not use email.
- Links on Our Website
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which JRI has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different from ours.
- Contacting the Website
Hypertext links to Internet sites outside of JRI are provided, in good faith, as a convenience to users. These external information sources are outside JRI's control and it is the responsibility of the Internet users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information found.
In providing links to external websites, JRI takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. JRI makes no warranty, representation or undertaking whether expressed or implied nor does it assume any legal responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information located via hypertext links to external websites. No endorsement of those sites and/or their contents is implied.
JRI accepts no liability whether direct or indirect for any loss or damage a person or organization suffers because that person or organization had directly or indirectly relied on any information located through hypertext links to external websites.