Do you have a question about JRI services?
Celebrating Black Life History Culture
"Black history is made every day, and we all should remember that year-round." - NAACP
Here are some articles and resources to learn more:
February 2022: Commentary from Dr. Karthik Sivashanker (JRI consultant) and colleague, Cheri Couillard, on changing the health care narrative on "resilience" to recognize and address historically disparate access/opportunity for marginalized communities: Nature: https://rdcu.be/cHfUm
https://diversityatworkplace.com/radical-thinking/ Some updated resources to read and watch from Diversity @ Workplace.
Check out Racial Justice Resources for Family Support Professionals: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/racial-justice-resource-compendiums-for-family-support-professionals
We have not been waiting for change--we have been working for it.
Upcoming Rallies and Events
Know Your Rights: Demonstrations and Protests Know Your Rights: Demonstrations and Protests
- The Walpole Peace and Justice Group continues to support racial and social justice efforts. Scheduled events are posted on the Facebook page for Walpole Peace and Justice Group.
- Check out the events posted by Massachusetts Standing Up for Racial Justice and see how you can participate today!
Take Action! It's time, this is our moment!
- Action Alert, April 19, 2022: JRI signed on to support Amendment #1317, VOCA Bridge, to ensure victim services are funded. See link from Mass. Office of Victim Assistance (MOVA) for details on county services and sample emails for reaching legislators:
- Action Alert, April 1, 2022: An Act To End Child Marriage in MA: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H1709 Join the Children's League of Massachusetts and send a message today to your legislator: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/urge-ma-legislators-to-end-all-child-marriage/
- House Ways and Means Releases Budget Proposal for FY'23, April 13, 2022: https://malegislature.gov/Budget/FY2023/HouseWaysMeansBudget/Ways_Means_Final_Budget; Proposal falls way short of the Chapter 257 target for providers.
- Your advocacy made the difference! https://providers.org/tcf-blog/caring-force-advocacy-helps-create-human-services-loan-repayment-program/
- Your advocacy made the difference! Governor Baker signs the Sibling Adoption Access Bill into law, April 2022! POLICY-2022.04_SHNS_SiblingAdoptionBill-Signed-S2616_0.pdf
- Citizens for Juvenile Justice: stay tuned for updates on Legislative Committee reports on pending bills.
- JRI signed on to support the juvenile justice data collection bills: TESTIMONY JJ Coalition Data Bill H1795 Judiciary.pdf and TESTIMONY JJ Coalition Data Bill S1558 Public Safety.pdf
Photos from Rallies and Events