Do you have a question about how JRI services, related to COVID-19 or otherwise?
Celebrating Black Life History Culture
"Black history is made every day, and we all should remember that year-round." - NAACP
Here are some articles to learn more:
Check out the full list put out by the Department of Health here. Second section has many Black History Month articles.
We have not been waiting for change--we have been working for it.
Upcoming Rallies and Events
Know Your Rights: Demonstrations and Protests Know Your Rights: Demonstrations and Protests
- The Walpole Peace and Justice Group continues to support racial and social justice efforts. Scheduled events are posted on the Facebook page for Walpole Peace and Justice Group.
- Check out the events posted by Massachusetts Standing Up for Racial Justice and see how you can participate today!
Take Action! It's time, this is our moment!
- Write to your U.S. legislators in support of three juvenile justice bills aimed at keeping youth out of the system! No time to write a letter? USE OURS! Just add your name and legislator to the template here (find your legislators here). Don't forget to sign the change.org petition on your way out.
- Take just 1 minute to send a pre-written letter to legislators in your area urging them to support fair pay legislation. Human service providers are underpaid and undervalued, ask your legislator to support two bills that will begin to change that!
- Urgent! The FY22 budgets have been released with budget cuts to HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis C treatments. Ask your senator to support restoring these items in the final budget with only 1 minute of your time!
- Please ask your legislator to support the $20 million in funding Gov. Baker has designated for approved special education schools!
- The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security is looking for YOUR input on School Resource Officers. Please take a moment to complete the survey and help them understand the negative impact that SROs have on the communities they serve.
JRI and William James College
JRI and William James College have partnered to expand and develop the ‘pipeline’ of candidates that reflect the diversity and lived experience of the communities we serve. With William James, and with other colleges and universities, we have found partners that share our social justice mission, our commitment to racial equity, and our dedication to culturally competent services. A very important part of this effort is to substantially reduce the cost of education. By helping student/employees to avoid crippling college debt, many of these new partnerships alongside JRI are making careers in nonprofit work more attractive to a broader and more diverse base of individuals.” - Andy Pond, CEO of JRI
Photos from Protests and Events