Do you have a question about JRI services?
PACT provides intensive, home-based care to people living with HIV and Hepatitis C who are having challenges navigating their healthcare and treatment. PACT's Community Health Workers (CHWs) assist clients in coordinating and getting to medical appointments, managing medications, and dealing with barriers to better health. PACT also provides training and technical assistance to other organizations interested in developing a community health worker program.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-2672
- may be struggling to take their HIV medications.
- may be living with HIV and struggling to take medications for other health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
- live in and around the Boston area.
- are generally referred by a healthcare or social service provider.
- are open to having a community health worker visit them at home on a regular basis (or in another location in the community).
- may be struggling with mental health issues, substance use, homelessness, domestic violence, cognitive issues, trauma, and stigma and disclosure issues.
PACT clients are usually referred by a member of the medical team but can also be referred by other HIV programs. We just ask referrers to give us some information about what health challenges the person is facing and to send along recent labs. Our referral forms are attached below.
- visit clients weekly in their homes to give support around medications and offer health education through an evidence-based curriculum.
- support clients with issues related to health, housing, benefits and income, food, relationships, stigma and social support, and can make referrals for any of these services.
- accompany clients to their medical appointments and advocate for them, as well as maintaining ongoing communication and serving as a liaison with medical teams.
Request More Information